Ensembles are open to all UNC Asheville students, regardless of major!
The following ensembles don’t require an audition – just register for the class.
- Wind Ensemble (MUSC 121)
- University Chorale (MUSC 113)
The following ensembles require individually scheduled auditions:
- Asheville Singers – Contact Dr. Melodie Galloway (email@example.com)
- Percussion Ensemble – Contact Mr. Matthew Richmond (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Orchestra or string chamber ensemble – Contact Mr. Brian Felix (email@example.com)
The follow ensembles have auditions during the first week of classes. Audition information and the sign-up sheet will be posted in Lipinsky Hall and on the Music Facebook page. Contact Dr. Bill Bares (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information, or stop by the Music Office #215 in Lipinsky Hall for more info.
- Contemporary Guitar Ensemble: Tim Doyle, director
- Brazilian Ensemble: Zach Page, director
- Astor Piazzolla Ensemble: Andy Jurik, director
- X-Tet (small jazz ensemble): Bill Bares, director
- Studio 18 (vocal jazz ensemble): Brent LaCasce, director
- Bluegrass Ensemble:Toby King, director
- AfroMusics Ensemble: Toby King, director
- Paul Simon Ensemble: Matthew Richmond, director
- Others Ensemble (playing a secondary instrument): Steve Alford, director
- Old Time Ensemble (Appalachian stringband)